EB Sales Underwriter
General Description: This client-facing position independently analyzes information to create and assist with delivery of financial deliverables for current and prospective clients with complex benefit programs. Financial deliverables include financial and contractual analysis, claims utilization analysis and modeling, renewal projection and premium rate analysis and modeling. Required to perform essential functions and meet service standards and Best Practices developed by USI.
- Interfaces directly with clients to provide expert underwriting review in on-site and remote capacity to explain financial analysis and renewal materials.
- Responsible to understand and to expertly explain external market influencers and internal experience trends driving benefit costs to clients.
- Lead company financial analysis in finalist sales presentation for target clients
- Analyze and prepare reporting packages in accordance with client service calendar financial meetings (e.g. post-renewal, mid-year, pre-renewal, renewal). Reporting packages may include but are not limited to:
- Periodic claims utilization, trend and lag analyses
- Rate and Contribution analysis
- Market analysis
- Financial funding analysis
- Renewal rate and funding projections and modeling
- Technical claims review with gap in care, cost modeling and benchmarking
- Utilize analytical tools to develop alternative strategies, plan modeling and cost reduction opportunities.
- Perform technical analysis of group insurance contracts and financial arrangements.
- Serves as contact with insurance carriers on new business quotes and renewals to include related activities such as: requesting quotes, evaluating option, negotiation of rates and benefit features and, preparing renewal or new plan options with executive summary.
- Work closely with Service Team Members to ensure strategic objectives of client are clearly articulated and that all client deliverables deliver proactive solutions in line with client strategic objectives.
- Act as a resource for Sales Executives to develop strategic plans and solutions for prospects and clients and prospects.
- Provide specific leadership responsibilities as identified by Team Lead (e.g. supervisor responsibilities for junior members, independent development of tools and processes, research and development of future best practices).
- Set priorities for analytical work in order to meet deadlines.
- Assist with team development as directed by Team Lead including but not limited to:
- Development on team standards and processes
- Assist with training and associate development of more junior team members
- Maintain analytical skill set and knowledge to act as a resource for the team
- Participate in finalist sales presentation for target clients and present data analytics tool demonstrations as appropriate.
- Participate in the peer review process both as a participant as well as a reviewer.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate deliverables.
- Ability to manage and negotiate multiple priorities and deadlines
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- 5+ years experience in Employee Benefits related field. High School Graduate. College degree preferred, but not required.
- Must hold state Life & Disability insurance license or willing to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong functional knowledge of Excel specific to creating, formatting and evaluating formulas and working within templates. Must be proficient in Excel, Word and other MS Office products along with Adobe products.
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595