USISummer Internship Program
USI has served over 100,000 clients meeting their property & casualty, employee benefit, personal risk and retirement needs nationwide. We have more than 100 years of consulting and brokerage experience through our acquired agencies, with local offices dating back in their communities as far as the late 1800s. USI combines industry leading national capabilities delivered through longstanding, passionate and committed local service teams. USI stands for Understand, Service and Innovate. At USI we work to Understand the specific needs of our clients, to provide an unparalleled local Service experience, and to Innovate with cutting edge solutions so our clients can continue to invest and grow.
The power of USI, and our ability to bring best-in-class solutions and services to our clients and our communities, is achieved through the collective knowledge and experience of our professionals coming together as ONE.
USI Insurance Services is seeking talented undergraduates to join our insurance brokerage and consulting teams for a unique and exciting experience. You'll participate in 10 weeks of case studies, individual and team projects designed to expose you to the diverse aspects of our business.
Participants receive a comprehensive professional and educational experience through on-the-job training and practice by working alongside team members who are experts in their fields. In addition, the program offers organized learning activities such as: senior executive meetings, networking events, attendance at sales, prospect and client meetings, field visits to carriers; and systems and product training.
What the Program Offers
During the summer, we focus on your development experiences so you'll be prepared to take your next career step once you complete the program. You'll receive:
- On-the-job experience: Working as part of a high- performing team in your business group is how you will gain in-depth experience as a summer intern and explore potential full-time opportunities.
- Onboarding activities: You will gain insight into USI, as well as opportunities for community involvement, networking and training in line of business-specific concepts.
- Mentor support: You will be matched with a full-time insurance professional who will be your resource and coach, available to answer your questions, help you through challenging situations, and give you feedback throughout the course of the summer.
- A virtual speaker series: USI's top leaders provide insight into how to make the most of your summer experience.
- Organized networking activities: We promote community involvement and networking with other summer interns and full-time insurance program associates.
Projects could include updating and analyzing prospect information stored in customer relationship management systems (CRMs) to identify sales opportunities, participating in customer meetings to learn product and service capabilities and sales strategies, and developing analytical skills by participating in data mining and customer analytics projects.
- Experience interacting directly with customers
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Sales experience
- Solid creative and strategic thinking skills
- Experince creating and delivering dynamic presentations
- A high degree of self motivation and drive
- The capacity to flourish in a competitive environment
- Resilience with the ability to cope with rejection
- Bachelor's degree candidate with an expected graduation in December 2018 or Spring 2019
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595