The Benefit Coordinator is responsible for coordination of day-to-day customer service. Customer Service can include responding to carrier, internal staff and/or broker questions, ensuring new business, renewals and broker of record letters meet the requirements of the writing carrier. This also includes assisting with claim and billing problems, and acting as a liaison between the insurance carrier and internal staff. Much of the person's time will be spent supporting internal staff.
- Provide internal staff with follow-up communication and approvals for Brokers on plan changes and open enrollment issues.
- Save renewal copies from carrier to ERC shared drive and forward renewals to appropriate Brokers.
- Enter data into Commission Data Base (NCS).
- Coordinate efforts with team members, especially at month end to facilitate plan changes and ensure quality and turn-around times meet ERC standards.
- Communicate regularly with management and other staff members regarding all aspects of administration to ensure service excellence.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all staff.
- Special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to stay organized and focused in a busy environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Professional and dependable
- Demonstrates cooperation and collaboration in a team setting
- Prior experience in a group benefits environment preferred
- Timely, efficient and accurate administrative and data entry skills
- Experience with Excel (data entry, formatting, formulas)
- Bachelor's degree a plus.
- Knowledge of Health and ancillary plans, carriers and quoting abilities is preferred
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595