Sr. Accounts Receivable Accountant
* Act as a knowledge expert for AR and CR functions for AR staff accountants and field team members
* Work with Carrier Payables team to resolve outstanding issues related to billing and collections.
* Hold periodic meetings with assigned RCFO to discuss progress and issues related to meeting bad debt reserve goals
* Review Aged Receivable report on a weekly basis for past due accounts. Work with the Producer and Account Manager to collect past due balance.
o Prepare account reconciliation upon request for account manager, producer, or client.
o Discuss past due items with clients and arrange payment terms.
o Track unpaid audits and ensure resolution within corporate standards
o NSF Charge back resolution
* Prepare Dunning letter-Notice of Intent to Cancel for all accounts with past due balances.
* Initiate cancellations for accounts that have past due balances beyond 45 days.
* Forward delinquent accounts to collection firm or attorney, and track progress.
* Manager Producer Charge backs for unpaid receivable items.
* Assist with the preparation of Quarterly Bad Debt Reserve calculation
* 4 or more years of progressive experience working in an A/R department with account reconciliation experience required; AS/BA/BS a plus
* 4 or more years of experience working in a commercial collection capacity
* Insurance Industry Experience is a plus
* Strong work ethic with a defined sense of urgency
* Organized self-starter that works well in a team environment
* Strong attention to detail and retention of pertinent information
* MS Office and Excel proficiency required
* Knowledge of general accounting
* Accurate and Fast Data Entry
Work is performed in a climate controlled office environment with minimal noise and limited to no exposure to chemicals or toxins. Employees operate office equipment including; telephone - headset, computer, computer monitors, keyboard, mouse, copier, scanner and mail machine. Physical tasks of job include; walking, sitting, standing, bending and typing.
* Constantly (over 66% of time) work performed requires employees to use repetitive hand motions such as typing, using a keyboard, and sitting at a desk.
* Frequently (34%-66% of time) work performed requires employees to handle and grasp things, walk on normal surfaces, stand and bend.
* Occasionally (1%-33% of time) work performed requires employees to drive to client appointments, have repetitive foot movements, walk on uneven or slippery surfaces to and from work and occasionally reach outward to grab things and bend.
* Rarely (< than 1 hour per week) work performed requires Lifting/Carrying items that range from 10-50lbs, pushing/pulling items that range from 10-50lbs, twisting/ turning including reaching over shoulder or above head , kneeling or squatting.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595