Commercial Lines - Claims Specialist II
General Description: Manage claim administration functions for clients of the business.
- Conducts claim reviews and negotiates with carriers for claim services.
- Advanced understanding of at least two lines of coverage relative to claims management strategies, resolution techniques & coverage forms ( generally WC & Liability)
- Ability to use carrier / TPA claims management systems to generate reports that provide loss information and some level of trends / analytics.
- Ability to identify client issues, build a plan towards resolution, execute and manage internal and external expectations effectively.
- Understanding of loss ratios and general understanding of loss impact on premium.
- Higher-level technical administrative ability with use of Microsoft Suite, ability to produce user friendly documents through internal resources.
- Strength in communication internally and with clients at various levels within the client organization.
- Plan and organize workflow and meetings with clients in an independent manner.
- Responsible for claim advocacy and negotiation, including claim denial review, reservation of rights review, and claim reporting.
- Analyzes claims based on a best practice outline and partners with other members of the technical resource team.
- Responsible to assist members of the USI team with "Close" and "Keep".
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of three to five years of claims administration experience with a P&C lines background.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must have strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Strong negotiation skills required.
- College degree preferred but high school diploma or graduate equivalent degree required.
- Proficient-to-expert in MS Office suite of products as well as ImageWriter, Sagitta, carrier website and claim resources.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595