CG Senior Consultant
With minimal supervision, provide technical and compliance support to the various internal practices and to external clients in matters relating to retirement and employee benefit plans. Communicate with attorneys, and account managers to manage client relationships and respond to issues, including research of ERISA and IRS regulatory and compliance matters.
- Complete plan analysis checklist and draft plan documents (new and restated), trust agreements for the following types of plans:
- Defined Contribution Plans -- 401(a), 401(k), 403(b), ESOP, Money Purchase, Profit Sharing, Target Benefit [individually designed as well as prototype].
- Defined Benefit Plans
- Nonqualified Plans
- Draft plan amendments, board of directors resolutions, qualified domestic relations order procedures and participant loan program documents as applicable for any of the plans listed above.
- Draft summary plan descriptions, summary material modifications, and required participant disclosures; coordinate printing arrangements where necessary.
- Draft plan administrative forms.
- Prepare IRS determination letter filings.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with clients and account managers to discuss plan design, plan provisions, and plan documents.
- Review domestic relations orders.
- Assist in merger and acquisition analysis.
- Collect and provide plan documentation and other supporting information to the Internal Revenue Service and/or U.S. Department of Labor for plans under audit.
- Maintain files of client correspondence and plan documentation.
- Prepare plan documents for the conversion of new business, and represent the Legal Team in the transition meetings; correspond with client to monitor progress of the conversion process to verify required actions occur on schedule.
- Provide technical support to internal departments (DC Administration department, DB Actuarial, Marketing staff) and clients regarding legislative changes, plan document interpretation, research administrative and interpretative questions.
- Follow-up with clients re: unsigned documents, amendments, and finalized summary plan descriptions.
- Assist in preparing and coordinate general notice mailings to clients about potential impact of new legal developments on plans.
- Assist in providing internal departments with information on the impact of new legal developments on plans.
- Prepare proposals and letters of understanding for new business and projects.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5-10 years experience working on compliance issues of employer-sponsored retirement and employee benefit plans.
- College degree preferred.
- Must be proficient with computers and quickly competent with new technology tools. Specifically, must have full competence with MS Office Suite products and Adobe products.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy.
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate production of tools and materials.
- Able to quickly assess and learn organizational roles, responsibilities and process flows.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with internal clients, team members and vendors.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Must portray strong leadership skills -- addressing the audience, describing nature of training, goals, step by step instructions and recap.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receives and interprets complex information, and responds appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication, and interpret abstract information.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595