Senior External Corporate Communications Professional
Working out of USI's Corporate Headquarters, the Senior Communications Professional builds, implements, and oversees external communications and public relations initiatives to increase awareness of the USI brand and support revenue generation, mergers & acquisitions and recruiting efforts.
- Develop and implement strategic communications initiatives across multiple platforms from writing content to media outreach.
- Serve as primary company contact to the media and general public as directed and assists senior management in developing media (article/interview) opportunities that support branding and revenue generation.
- Establish and nurture relationships with media contacts covering the insurance and financial services industry.
- Identify new press opportunities and coordinate outreach and follow-up. Manage Internal/external communications surrounding acquisitions and serve as media liaison with acquired agencies.
- Oversee content and distribution of regional press releases and interviews.
- Write, edit and distribute press releases on company news and events.
- Arrange interviews and draft talking points on industry trends and topics and coach USI leaders in preparation for media interviews and speaking engagements.
- Distribute c-suite executive messages across multiple communication vehicles and help create content for executive speaking opportunities.
- Collaborate with senior leaders, subject matter experts, sales and marketing teams on the creation of a comprehensive external communications plan around thought-leadership and key initiatives and proactively assist in maintaining and leveraging the USI Editorial calendar for Topics of the Month.
- Work with design team on developing Infographics to further communicate key messages as part of media pitches.
- Create editorial-friendly content for pitching interviews and bylines in trade press and insurance publications.
- Work closely with marketing team on integrated campaigns involving PR, events, social media, email, and other communication channels.
- Research and develop a strategic plan focused on associations/organizations that can be leveraged by USI Salesforce for revenue generation.
- Enhance national communications standards by developing and maintaining media relations and social networking guidelines and best practices for employees.
- Track and analyze press coverage and other PR metrics.
- Create and manage USI's submissions for industry rankings and awards programs.
- Act as media liaison with USI's private equity partners, KKR/Caisse.
- Work with HR and Marketing to create consistent messaging across the company to promote USI's mission, vision, and values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Communications, English or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in public relations or corporate communications (national firm preferred).
- A proven track record creating innovative and targeted communications programs that enhance brand equity and generate media coverage.
- Experience with B-to-B, professional services or financial services preferred. Insurance a plus.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and advanced level of presentation development and delivery.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Established understanding of the media landscape and existing relationships with industry press.
- Proficiency in creation of PR materials, PR tools, PR measurement and social media.
- Strong analytical ability and superior work ethic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects with changing priorities under strict deadlines.
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage complex projects across a variety of functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Resourceful, and solutions-oriented self-starter with the desire to grow.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595