CG Investment Analyst
General Description: The Investment Analyst is responsible for undertaking financial research and report on prospective investment avenues. The Investment Analyst should be able to analyze and interpret capital market and economic events/trends, as well as evaluate investment performance versus relevant benchmarks. Additional responsibilities include participating in fund manager due diligence calls/presentations and supporting sales and marketing efforts as requested.
- Examine and assess economic and market trends, earnings prospects, financial statements and various other indicators and factors to determine suitable investment strategies.
- Look back at previous investment decisions and the thought process of making the investment decision. Maintain database to track most often used mutual funds.
- Liaise with fund managers and network with industry professionals.
- Monitor financial press and keep a track of market trends, opportunities, risks and new investment products
- Compile advisory reports and make informed recommendations on new investment opportunities and funds that could enhance or diversify portfolios for Investment Review Reports.
- Maintain consumer price index graph.
- Maintain data for fund background information, sector weightings, equity style of mutual funds, risk and return categories, rates of return for year-to-date, 1 year, 3 year, and 5 years.
- Monitor investment performance, risk levels, and investment objective changes.
- Set-up and maintain filing system for Direct Solutions' mutual fund families :
- dollar amount of assets under management
- description of fund families strengths and weaknesses
- dollar amount of assets sold by USI Consulting
- contact personnel for various data needs and corporate location
- Prepare reports for client meetings.
- Maintain and Update Power Point Presentations.
- Generate Morningstar Reports.
- Maintain data base for money market and stable value rates of return.
- Assist with development of templates for investment letters for sales staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3 or more years of investment performance measurement experience, with significant exposure to mutual and institutional funds.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Mathematics, Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Strong computer skills. Especially proficient with Excel, Zephyr, Morningstar and database management.
- Familiar with other industry software programs for monitoring funds.
- Good knowledge of retirement and pension programs and their funding.
- Financial expertise and business sense from both USI's and client's perspective.
- Ability to creatively and proactively problem-solve, adhering to all regulatory requirements.
- Ability to stay organized and focused in a busy environment.
- Effective communication skills with clients and co-workers, both verbal and written.
- Personable and credible.
- Demonstrates cooperation and collaboration in a team setting.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595