Regional Employee Benefits Operations Leader
General Description: Responsible for managing the operational activities of the Region in order to achieve profitability and ensure consistent standards of sales, service and professionalism as defined by USI's Best Practices, Core Values and Risk Management Quality Control standards.
- Participate, as needed, in interviewing, hiring, training, and development of operations staff.
- Lead departments in development and successful completion of individual and departmental goals.
- Provide Region and Op Cos with regular updates on operational performance, takes corrective action as necessary.
- Conduct effective performance reviews and aid in setting measurable goals.
- Work with Op Co Leaders identifying areas of improvement, create efficiencies and improve margins.
- Responsible for management of staff within USI metrics and blueprint.
- Work with Regional Leadership Team in preparation of revenue and expense budget and monitor budget to ensure compliance with profit and growth objectives set by management.
- Monitor Stewardship initiative -- client meetings, peer reviews, monthly reporting.
- Oversee Regional initiatives --Manage operational integration of new acquisitions within the Region.
- Provide technical expertise in coordinating the inside service of new and existing clients through sales, account development, and problem solving in accordance with the objectives and procedures based on USI Core Values and Standards.
- Identify, plan and resolve routine department coverage and workload issues. Take necessary action to resolve issues.
- Develop effective interdepartmental communication strategies. Foster team behavior and a sales-oriented department culture.
- Responsible for the management of employees through performance reviews, performance improvement plans, organizing coverage for staffing shortages, department issues, recording time and attendance and approval of expense reports.
- Promote the vision and operational direction in support of corporate goals and objectives.
- Be an active steward of the business through regular process and data review to encourage efficiencies and development of all EB team members.
- Support the use and integration of Corporate Technology within the daily processes of all resource groups.
- Responsible for providing leadership and development of all resource groups (Account Management, Analytics, PHM and Compliance) that promotes teamwork by sharing experiences, assisting others when help is needed and maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to manage others effectively.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage's and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- 10 years experience in Employee Benefits Insurance Agency along with comprehensive understanding of all Employee Benefits insurance coverage's, underwriting and rating concepts.
- High School Graduate. College degree preferred, but not required.
- Prior managerial experience required.
- In depth knowledge of agency management system functionality, workflow procedures, underwriting, sales and service processes.
- Must hold state Life and Disability insurance license or willing to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective leadership skills and the ability to direct and monitor the activity of others.
- Ability to plan and instruct staff members on information appropriate to their job responsibilities.
- Ability to handle difficult behavior and conflict and bring to a timely resolution.
- Ability to creatively and proactively problem solve.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Must be comfortable with internet based programs as well as knowledge of Microsoft office products.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595