Jr Account Manager (Administrator -- Service)
General Description: This position provides support to the Account Management team in providing day to day client service. This position is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts in a supporting Service Team role.
- Act as a back-up for the Account Manager when they are out of the office. Client contact will include all methods: electronic, telephonic and on occasion in person.
- Responsible for handling all implementation paperwork when a change in carrier occurs or when a new product is implemented.
- Timely fulfill supply request from clients in preparation of open enrollment and new hire communication. Includes coordination carrier supplies and reviewing upon receipt for accuracy.
- Request, review, coordinate updates and track client plan documents such as booklets, contracts, SPDs, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of client communication materials including benefit summaries, PowerPoint presentations and any other communication materials that may be needed.
- May be asked to attend a benefits or open enrollment fair to answer employee questions and distribute benefit materials.
- As needed, preparation of materials needed for client meetings including but not limited to carrier contact sheets and team contact sheets.
- Expected to be well versed on all Compliance topics including, but not limited to, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500s and Health Care Reform. Responsibilities may include preparing Compliance documents upon request.
- As needed, provide resolution support and oversight of employee issues such as enrollment and billing issues. When the Benefit Resource Center is not engaged, support with escalated claim issues is also expected.
- Update and maintain agency management system with client information as needed up renewal and as changes occur.
- Work with Internal Partners, Clients and Carriers to ensure accurate and timely response to all outstanding issues.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior customer service experience and insurance industry knowledge preferred, but not required.
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows2007, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must currently hold life and disability insurance license (or must obtain it within 4 months following date of employment) and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements.
- Ability to meet production demands.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage's and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
- Promote teamwork by sharing experiences, assisting others when help is needed and maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Project a professional image in action and appearance.
- Expected to further industry education through insurance courses and inform group department of knowledge gained.
- Strong ability to problem solve, set and meet deadlines, communicate, work under pressure, organize, prioritize, manage multiple tasks and operate in a fast paced environment.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Good at attention to detail and ability to self-check work.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative and innovative.
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks with both concrete and abstract variables.
- Must be comfortable with internet based programs as well as knowledge of Microsoft office products.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595