Network Security Engineer
This position will provide information network and application security operational expertise while collaborating with other information technology teams. This role is responsible for administering information security applications and network systems in a large distributed enterprise.
- Team member responsible for the analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of security infrastructure and application components. Ensuring overall technical capabilities, stability and performance. Provide direction, recommendations, design and implementation for security enhancements.
- Ensure information network security design, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures are aligned with generally accepted IT security practice and standards and the overall IT security approach of our primary technology partners.
- Provide operations and engineering support for critical network and application security systems and services including Intrusion detection/prevention, Data leakage prevention, content filtering, Firewall compliance, Vulnerability and security event management.
- Proactively maintain, monitor and improve our network and application security with timely incident detection and response.
- Partner with security and technical teams to design, deliver and maintain highly available, performance and cost effective network and application security system and services.
- Write and contribute to project plans, author network and application security engineering level documentation, and develop detailed test plans.
- Participate in IT Security assessments, risk analysis and reporting.
- Provide on-call and after-hours coverage as necessary.
- Travel as required to any of the other USI locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Cisco or SANS network security certifications preferred or equivalent work experience
- BA/BS degree in technical discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience providing network and application security administration services in a business critical environment
- In-depth knowledge of intrusion detection/prevention, NextGen firewalls, VPN, data loss prevention, data encryption, SIEM appliances, and multi-factor authentication systems
- Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards, including a demonstrated ability to perform complex analysis including producing metrics
- An ability to learn new technologies and adopt new information security tools
- Experience with ISE, MSE and IPS (wired and wireless) is desired
- Strong organizational skills, excellent communication and people skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595