Population Health Management Consultant
General Description: This position contributes to the success of USI by helping us sell new business and retain existing clients. This is accomplished by delivering extraordinary value to companies, helping them create and implement effective wellness and population health management (PHM) strategies such as CORE HEALTH to reduce costs, improve member health status, and attract and retain talent. The PHM Consultant primarily focuses on groups with 100 or more employees and provides them with the tools, resources and assistance to build successful, ongoing wellness and PHM strategies.
Sales Support (15% of responsibilities):
- Attend briefings and sales presentations for potential clients with 100+ employees.
Strategic Planning (40% of responsibilities):
- Facilitate PHM presentation with clients to review the essential CORE HEALTH concepts, practices, and service expectations.
- Complete analysis and recommendation of vendor/carrier-based services, products & pricing Serves as liaison between the workplace, the insurer, and outside vendors.
- Partner with Benefit Consultants, Account Executives, USI compliance attorney, and clients to create customized wellness strategy options with a focus on metrics, outcomes, education, programs and policy/environment.
- Creates PHM program implementation communication materials including but not limited to e-mails, flyers, and brochures. Consults with client's communication team, and outside vendors on communication materials.
Reporting and analytics (30% of responsibilities):
- Work with client and vendor(s) to establish baseline metrics and methodology for ongoing monitoring of metrics
- Review client utilization and cost data to identify PHM opportunities and recommend strategies. Meet with assigned $100,000+ clients annually to review wellness statistics
- 3D Super User/expert in data management tool; can demonstrate functionality in a prospect setting
Corporate Initiatives (10% of responsibilities):
- Participate in annual national team meeting and monthly team calls.
- Participate and or lead periodic in-service trainings for the national PHM team.
- Implements the CORE HEALTH Strategy with new clients and transitions existing clients to an appropriate platform as needed.
- Maintain data tracking tools for corporate reporting.
- Work with the PHM team to enhance the client communication materials, including National newsletter.
Vendor Solutions and Education Resources (5% of responsibilities):
- Remain up-to-date on medical carrier wellness offerings, assisting clients to fully leverage impactful services.
- Occasionally present on wellness related topics at client seminar events. Development of periodic Wellness seminars and/or webinars for education of clients and prospects on various wellness topics.
- Educate Benefits Consultants and Account Executives on carrier and vendor wellness programs, resources, industry trends, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor's degree is required. Degree: in the health sciences field (nutrition, sports/fitness, nursing, etc.) is preferred. Master's degree preferred.
- Basic understanding of medical terms including chronic conditions such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
- 2-3 years experience working directly with wellness/health promotion programs.
- Experience with strategy development, health-related policy and environmental interventions, and some industry (carrier/broker/vendor) exposure.
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations and facilitating decision making in small and large group settings with frontline employees, mid-level managers, and senior leaders.
- Travel up to 50% of the time.
- Work with Internal Partners and Carriers to ensure accurate and timely response to all outstanding issues.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Task oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work load.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative and innovative.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595