Under the direction of the Director of Administrative Services, this position provides office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering income calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate associate or transfer a caller to an associate's mailbox when the associated is unavailable.
- Maintain company main answering machine; returning or transferring calls as needed.
- Handle all incoming mail/packages, sort and distribute to all personnel/departments.
- Handle all outgoing 1st Class, certified mail, FedEx and UPS requests; to include package preparation and label creation with accuracy.
- Ensure that high priority incoming and outgoing mail is processed in accordance with its priority.
- Ensure all records are logged and kept properly on appropriate spread sheets so that they can be easily retrieved for review when needed by relevant personnel.
- Manage all out going Pre-Sort mail. (Daily function)
- Primary Contact for Corporate Mail
- Maintain weekly pre-sort numbers to match invoices. (15% min)
- Create batch labels by importing excel/csv files into the FedEx system for FedEx mailings; following standard work
- Preparation of documents for scanning and uploading into document management system.
- Accurate archiving of scanned items for off-site storage and liaise with storage provider
- Develop scanning process for departments not currently using
- Scanning liaison between departmental users and corporate scanning developer
- Primary trainer for new users
- Provide support, mostly administrative to other members of staff according to the directives of the manager.
- Responsible for managing all USICG Glastonbury office supplies, ordering as required under the direction of the Director of Administrative Services. ( Weekly function -- 15% min)
- Ensure Administrative Assistant/Receptionist procedures are accurate and up-to-date in the Operations Procedures Manual. ( Only when there has been a change or new implementation)
- Responsible for checking all equipment associated to this position and if found to be malfunctioning, the maintenance personnel should be informed to fix it.
- Manage Iron Mountain (off site) storage provider (Min. 10% time requirement)
- Maintain Practice databases with updated tracking information
- Ensure protocol & procedures are followed by all Practices and locations & implemented where required( 15%)
- Ensure process is reviewed and updated as needed and implement process improvement as identified
- Assists Director of Administrative Services with administrative support duties as requested.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Production Support (backup)
- Cross Train with Production Administrative Assistant to be able to perform the following as needed (during busy times this could be up to 100%)
- Process all print and copy requests for all of USICG
- Provide binding support to IAS department.
- Fulfillment of all mailings for all USICG.
- Troubleshoot printer/equipment issues and call in a tech when necessary.
- Assist with monitoring coffee inventory.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Excellent customer focus.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Accurate keyboarding skills and proven ability to enter data
- Organized and detailed oriented.
- Ability to troubleshoot office and printing equipment
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive in problem solving.
- High School Diploma required
- Good knowledge of computer applications, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, internet explorer, windows.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595