Accounts Receivable Supervisor
General Description: Corp AC Supervisor A/R oversees the work product and manages the performance of his/her team of accountants to ensure department quality standards are met and exceeded.
- Forward delinquent accounts to collection firm or attorney, and track progress.
- Prepare Dunning letter-Notice of Intent to Cancel for all accounts with past due balances.
- Prepare account reconciliation upon request for account manager, producer, or client.
- Discuss past due items with clients and arrange payment terms.
- Fee Notices
- Initiate cancellations for past due accounts that have past due balances beyond 35 days.
- NSF Charge back resolution.
- Use unpaid audit report as a collection tool to ensure that audits do not go past 30 days without being paid or collected.
- Supervisor 2 or more AR Staff Accountants daily work including but not limited to:
- Act as primary resource for dispute resolution
- Complete Scorecards
- Employee training and coaching
- Credit Tracking Projects
- Oversee Allocation Spreadsheets
- Performance Management
- PTO requests
- Interviewing of new hires
- Approving timecards
- Train new staff members
- Oversee carrier payable advance reporting/including working with SR AR team for resolution
- Prepare Unclaimed Property filing-work with AR Staff Accountant to ensure that proper statutory notices are filed.
- Review request for Producer Charge backs for unpaid receivable items prior to delivery to Producer Payables team
- Assist with the AB and DB allowance calculations
- Attend bad debt allowance calls with Senior Staff Accountants when needed
- Review and track WorkSmart COA and AR Adjustment tasks.
- Provide ongoing training and development for AR Staff Accountants
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 or more years of progressive experience working in an AR department with account reconciliation experience required; AS/BA/BS a plus
- 4 or more years of experience working in a commercial collection capacity
- 2 Years of previous supervisory experience preferred or 2-3 years of senior level experience within an AR Department
- Insurance Industry Experience is a plus
- Strong work ethic with a defined sense of urgency
- Organized self starter that works well in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and retention of pertinent information
- MS Office and Excel proficiency required
- Knowledge of general accounting
- Accurate and Fast Data Entry
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595