EB Ancillary Team Lead
This position leads the activities related to the marketing and placement of ancillary product lines within the region, including management of a dedicated team of support analysts. It serves as the champion for the region's "cornerstone carrier strategy."
- Hires, trains, and develops Benefit Analysts specializing in ancillary product lines. Coordinates team workflow, case assignments and develop new processes.
- Educates leaders, producers and account management on the "cornerstone (preferred) carrier" strategy and process.
- Communicates on a monthly basis with Account Management team leaders to identify all groups with upcoming renewal decisions that could significantly impact regional financials.
- Uses BenefitPoint plan data to closely monitor all ancillary new business and renewal activity.
- Oversees the process of marketing and illustrating carrier quotes for dental, vision, life, disability and worksite products with select carrier partners.
- Acts as an ancillary product expert resource for Sales Executives to develop strategic plans and solutions for prospects and clients.
- Provides guidance and support to benefits analysts and account management when large scale ancillary carrier service issues arise.
- Raises the awareness of financial opportunities and risk related to the placement and renewal of specific ancillary business to local leadership.
- Monitors the qualification requirements for ancillary carrier bonus programs for the region including total premium dollars, new business growth and persistency.
- Works with local and regional leadership on the forecasting of contingent and supplemental revenue.
- Work with other regions and corporate to share and implement best practices, tools and processes to improve the overall client experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years experience in Employee Benefits related field. Previous experience in sales or operations with an ancillary product line carrier is preferred. Must have a strong working knowledge of broker compensation structures with ancillary carriers.
- Ability to manage a team of associates.
- Ability to influence others (leaders, producers, account managers).
- Must hold state Life & Disability insurance license or willing to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to set priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate deliverables.
- Ability to manage and negotiate multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Able to maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Strong functional knowledge of Excel specific to creating, formatting and evaluating formulas and working within templates. Must be proficient in Excel, Word and other MS Office products along with Adobe products.
- Ability to travel 10-20%.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595