Commercial Property & Casualty Sales Practice Leader
USI -- (Understand, Service, Innovate) is an Insurance Brokerage and Consulting firm that delivers property and casualty, employee benefits, personal risk, program and retirement solutions to large risk management clients, middle market companies, smaller firms and individuals. We are a leading national middle market broker with nearly $1.7 billion in revenue, and have uniquely invested in tools and resources to aid our associates in their success. USI has more than 7,400 dedicated and innovative professionals in approximately 150 offices across the United States. USI has become a premier insurance brokerage and consulting firm by leveraging the USI ONE Advantage®, an interactive platform that integrates proprietary and innovative client solutions, networked local resources and expertise, and enterprise-wide collaboration to deliver customized results with positive, bottom line impact. USI attracts best-in-class industry talent with a long history of deep and continuing investment in our local communities. For more information, visit usi.com.
This is responsible for managing a team of Producers focused on capturing new business. This position is managing only and does not have an individual sales quota. The focus is on helping the Producers drive continuous revenue growth for the location office. Our Practice Leaders must have strong sales coaching and mentoring skills and have extensive depth of P&C Brokerage experience. This is a hands-on, tactical role supporting a team oriented sales process which includes going out on appointment with Producers. The Practice Leader will be a key part of the Operations Executive Leadership Team reporting directly to the Regional CEO with a dotted line to the National Practice Leader.
* Responsible for coaching and mentoring producers.
* Responsible for going on 1st appointments, participating in huddle processes and assisting with closing business.
* Execute and lead the USI Core sales processes of Get, Prep, Close and Keep
* Lead and execute effective Engagement Platform sessions on a weekly basis for both new and established producers.
* Accountable for line of sight new and lost business forecasting for the current quarter.
* Focus on recruiting hiring and on boarding new producers who are capable of driving new revenues that exceeds $300k per year on an annualized basis.
* Train all new producers on the USI ONE Advantage and messaging issues/USI Solutions, work product the financial impact and sample case studies specific to each prospect using such tools as the OMNI and the 4x4 sales execution.
* Responsible for the ownership of pipeline management and at-risk accounts driving producer behavior utilizing the USI Omni, Risk Assessments, keep huddles, triage calls and peer reviews.
* Create positive synergy within practice to encourage two way cross-selling.
* Develop positive carrier relationships with oversight of override and contingent programs.
* Drive utilization and keep current all prospecting and relationship building opportunities within the company's sales force automation system (CRM).
* Develop internal resources / experts to assist all producers in closing business.
* Work with Operations Manager to enhance Value Proposition, Stewardship process and Account Management services.
* Participate in M & A activity.
* Oversee local operations supervisor and staff.
* Responsible for distribution of suspects and prospects to producers by working with both the local CRM Champion supported by the USI Data Integrity Team.
* Assist in developing sales and marketing strategies along with communications to optimize USI's position in the marketplace.
* Positively and proactively represent USI in meetings, seminars, trade shows and networking events following USI National Strategy and graphic standards.
* Understand and communicate USI's initiatives to Operating Company's executives and production team.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in sales in commercial P & C insurance brokerage.
* Minimum of 3 years of sales management experience.
* Must have Industry experience in Construction AND experience in some other additional industries as well is strongly preferred.
* Proven track record for meeting or exceeding revenue targets.
* A consultative, positive and resourceful approach to dealing with prospect, clients and associates.
* Highly developed organization and time management skills.
* Excellent listening skills with strong customer focus.
* Strong degree of self-motivation.
* Ability to deal with senior level management and have a top level executive presence.
* Must be personable and highly motivated to grow personal success.
* Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
* College degree and current insurance licensing are preferred.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595