Employee Benefits Sales Practice Leader
USI -- (Understand, Service, Innovate) is an Insurance Brokerage and Consulting firm that delivers property and casualty, employee benefits, personal risk, program and retirement solutions to large risk management clients, middle market companies, smaller firms and individuals. We are a leading national middle market broker with nearly $1.7 billion in revenue, and have uniquely invested in tools and resources to aid our associates in their success. USI has more than 7,400 dedicated and innovative professionals in approximately 150 offices across the United States. USI has become a premier insurance brokerage and consulting firm by leveraging the USI ONE Advantage®, an interactive platform that integrates proprietary and innovative client solutions, networked local resources and expertise, and enterprise-wide collaboration to deliver customized results with positive, bottom line impact. USI attracts best-in-class industry talent with a long history of deep and continuing investment in our local communities. For more information, visit usi.com.
The Employee Benefits Sales Practice Leader is responsible for managing a team of Producers focused on capturing new business. This position is managing only and does not have an individual sales quota. The focus is on helping the Producers drive continuous revenue growth for the location office. Our Practice Leaders must have strong sales coaching and mentoring skills and have extensive depth of Employee Benefits Brokerage experience. This is a hands-on, tactical role supporting a team oriented sales process which includes going out on appointment with Producers. The Practice Leader will be a key part of the Operations Executive Leadership Team reporting directly to the Regional CEO with a dotted line to the National Practice Leader. This position is located in the New York City office.
This role is responsible for managing a team of Producers focused on capturing new business. This position is managing only and does not have an individual sales quota. The focus is on helping the Producers drive continuous revenue growth for the location office. Our Practice Leaders must have strong sales coaching and mentoring skills and have extensive depth of Employee Benefits Brokerage experience. This is a hands-on, tactical role supporting a team oriented sales process which includes going out on appointment with Producers. The Practice Leader will be a key part of the Operations Executive Leadership Team reporting directly to the Regional CEO with a dotted line to the National Practice Leader.
- Execute and lead the USI Core sales processes of Get, Prep, Close and Keep.
- Responsible for managing, coaching and mentoring a team of Producers with a focus on capturing new business.
- Responsible for going on 1st appointments, participating in huddle processes and assisting with closing business.
- Accountable for line of sight new and lost business forecasting for the current quarter.
- Responsible for the management of Producers and Operations Supervisor.
- Meet and exceed opco's top line revenue growth of 20% and Organic Growth of 10% on an annual and quarterly basis.
- Strategize with Operations Manager to retain a minimum of 92% of business year over year.
- Responsible for the ownership of pipeline management and at-risk accounts driving producer behavior utilizing the USI Omni and Risk Assessments.
- Oversee local operations supervisor and staff.
- Focus on recruiting hiring and on boarding new producers who are capable of driving new revenues that exceeds $300k per year on an annualized basis.
- Train all new producers on the USI ONE Advantage and messaging issues/USI Solutions the financial impact and sample case studies specific to each prospect using such tools as the OMNI and the 4x4 ales execution.
- Lead and execute effective Engagement Platform sessions on a weekly basis for both new and established producers.
- Create positive synergy within practice to encourage two way cross-selling.
- Develop internal resources / experts to assist all producers in closing business.
- Work with Operations Manager to enhance Value Proposition, Stewardship process and Account Management services.
- Assist OpCo President & RCEO's in finding and recruiting Acquisition candidates.
- Drive consistent and predictable long term profitable new client relationships.
- Responsible for distribution of suspects and prospects to producers by working with both the local CRM Champion supported by the USI Data Integrity Team.
- Assist in developing sales and marketing strategies along with communications to optimize USI's position in the marketplace.
- Positively and proactively represent USI in meetings, seminars, trade shows and networking events following USI National Strategy and graphic standards.
- Work collaboratively to maximize results in all markets.
- Understand and communicate USI's initiatives to OpCo executives and production team.
- Develop positive carrier relationships with oversight of override and contingent programs.
- Drive utilization and keep current all prospecting and relationship building opportunities within the company's sales force automation system (CRM).
Key Performance Metrics:
- 4% SNN at 46% Margins
- 15% new business and <10% lost business
- Leading to Organic Revenue and OpInc Growth
- Execution of best practices (Huddles, Sales Activation, Hiring)
Practice Leader Metrics:
- Expense Ratio of 2.5%
- Full Time Manager can cover 10+ producers and $10mm+ revenue
- Player coach model in small offices
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in sales in Employee Benefits with a brokerage company.
- Minimum of 3 years sales management minimum with extensive sales experience capturing new business, prospecting, etc.
- Proven track record of success in sales with experience focused on prospecting new business, getting first appointments, etc. (vs. servicing accounts).
- Must have middle market experience with capturing accounts over 100 lives.
- Must have experience and knowledge of self-insured and alternative funding.
- Must has experience in the following EB disciplines: Pharmacy, Population Health, Benefit Admin Technology, ERISA compliance.
- P&L, meet and exceed top line revenue growth and organic growth with a proven track record for meeting or exceeding revenue targets.
- Experience coaching and /or mentoring Producers.
- A consultative, positive and resourceful approach to dealing with prospect, clients and associates.
- Strong visibility within the HR and benefits community.
- Ability to deal with senior level management and have a top level executive presence.
- Highly developed organization and time management skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Strong degree of self-motivation
- Goal orientated
- High activity levels and heavy CRM usage
- Domestic travel to client sites typically within region of 25% - 30% of work time
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595