Employee Benefits - Analytical Team Leader
This position is responsible for assisting in the management, training and leadership of the Analytical Services Team specifically around daily work products and process to enhance the personal growth and development of the analytical team as a whole.
- Provide management and leadership for the Employee Benefits Analyst team.
- Oversee production of reporting packages in accordance with client service calendar financial meetings (e.g. post-renewal, mid-year, pre-renewal and renewal).
- Responsible for structuring Employee Benefits Analyst team for maximum efficiency, consistent with the needs of our internal and external clients.
- Coordinate team workflow, case assignments and develop new processes.
- Work closely with Service Team Members to ensure strategic objectives of client are clearly articulated and that all client deliverables deliver proactive solutions in line with client strategic objectives.
- Assist in the development of Employee Benefits Analyst Team goals and initiatives, track progress, and complete periodic reports on progress.
- Responsible for training and development of members of the Analytical Services Team.
- Participate in the sales process to represent the Employee Benefit analysis function for prospects.
- Contribute toward the development and maintenance the technical resources of the Employee Benefits Division, including product information and laws and regulations.
- Maintain analytical skill set and knowledge to act as resource for the team.
- Act as an expert resource for Sales Executives to develop strategic plans and solutions for prospects and clients and prospects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage a team of associates
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate deliverables.
- Ability to manage and negotiate multiple priorities and deadlines
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company
- 8+ years experience in Employee Benefits related field. High School Graduate. College degree preferred, but not required
- Must hold state Life & Disability insurance license or willing to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong functional knowledge of Excel specific to creating, formatting and evaluating formulas and working within templates. Must be proficient in Excel, Word and other MS Office products along with Adobe products
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595