Producer - Employee Benefits
General Description: The Producer is responsible for driving new business sales revenue growth, as well as existing client revenue retention and growth based upon assigned book of prospects and clients.
- Achieve new business sales goals on an annualized basis based on our target market of employers with 200-2,000 employees . Booked new business of $150K per year.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge necessary to communicate our solutions effectively to a non-insurance buyer.
- Declare a primary vertical and if necessary, a secondary vertical as agreed with Leader. Participate in all vertical meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Systematically use CRM to support sales processes.
- Strategize with sales leader and senior account staff to retain a minimum of 92% of business year over year utilizing the OMNI and Risk Assessment as part of our "Keep" process.
- Demonstrate proficiency at discovery process (sales due diligence) and conceptual presentation promoting USI competitive differentiation, including proficiency at understanding, articulating and delivering the USI ONE Advantage and specific solutions customized to each prospect.
- Ability to develop a superior sales business plan and active participation in the USI Engagement Platform and other effective prospecting strategies that generate sufficient new business leads and first appointment activity volume of 8 appointments per month.
- Successfully penetrate assigned prospect targets utilizing the Engagement Platform process.
- Demonstrate ability to identify and overcome sales obstacles on a prospect-specific basis
- Attend and actively participate in USI University and USI Fast Start sessions.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and innovation based on knowledge of the market, carriers and products, including understanding of important technical/financial issues.
- Prepare for and participate actively in the Get, Prep, Close and Keep meetings for all first appointments; close presentations, and renewals and individual Producer 1:1 meetings.
- Participate on a regular basis in prep, close, and keep meeting of other producers in the same vertical.
- Master the use of the USI Presentation template along with supportive OMNI output and associated solution pages.
- Create positive synergy and pursue cross selling opportunities with other practices (Property/Casualty, EB, USICG, Univers, etc.) to enhance prospect and client relationships.
- Input accurate and timely information into sales automation platform (CRM) relative to first appointments, follow-up appointments, conceptual/finalist meetings, etc to facilitate realistic corporate sales and revenue projections.
- Actively lead account management staff in annual stewardship process, benefit objective setting process, pre-renewal process, final renewal delivery, and other significant Account Management services for assigned client book of business.
- Manage overall client relationship; Drive consistent and predictable profitability, client satisfaction and organic growth.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of USI competitors, targeting prospects serviced by weaker brokers for faster sales growth.
- Collaborate with leaders in the selection of appropriate account management staff and subject matter experts in order to effectively conduct sales presentations to prospects with subject matter experts for each opportunity.
- Successfully develop and deploy sales and marketing strategies along with periodic communications to optimize USI's position in the marketplace.
- Positively and proactively represent USI in meetings, seminars, trade shows and networking events.
- Work collaboratively with the account management team and national/regional resources to maximize results.
- Understand and communicate client objectives to account management personnel.
- Drive appropriate staff utilization for assigned book of business and collaborate with account management staff to keep current.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-5 years in insurance brokerage sales experience including calling on senior executives and a track record of financial success.
- Must be personable and highly motivated to grow personal success.
- Strong and/or developing understanding of Employee Benefits.
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- A consultative, positive and resourceful approach to dealing with prospect, clients and associates.
- Strong visibility within the HR and benefits community.
- Highly developed organization and time management skills.
- Excellent listening skills with strong customer focus.
- Goal orientated.
- Ability to deal with senior level management and have a top level executive presence.
- College degree and current insurance licensing are preferred.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595