SVP Insurance Operations
Use Your Strong Operations Management and Insurance Background to Support Our Growth!
USI Affinity, is a Division of USI Insurance, most recently moved into 10th place in Business Insurance's ranking of the world's largest Insurance Broker based on 2016 revenue!
In this role you will have the primary responsibility for policy services/issuance and account servicing of the Life & Health and other individual products to ensure the optimum client satisfaction. You will also be responsible for system and workflow consolidation along with the re-engineering (analysis, design and implementation) of workflow and staffing for the insurance operations, customer service and administration units. In addition you will be responsible for successfully integrating any new association accounts or acquisitions. by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers to ensure the most effective and efficient operations. Flexibility to work in either Philadelphia, PA or Matawan, NJ office locations.
Responsibilities, in conjunction with subordinate managers, will include:
Overseeing TPA related responsibilities including Quoting, Policy Issuance and Servicing including reviewing, developing, managing and monitoring all operations and customer service related activities including work flows & procedures. Ensuring we meet service level agreements and maintain positive relationships with clients, carriers & other markets.
Financial Responsibilities including developing, managing and monitoring budgets for the operations units and the internal handling of client and company premium moneys to the Accounting Dept.; Facilitating, monitoring, and implementing the departmental and corporate business plans to ensure meeting of local office, corporate goals and carrier goals for profitability and growth.
Customer Relations responsibilities include ensuring Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Agreements and process metrics for all operational processes are developed and appropriately monitored. Complaint Management System is utilized to report and track complaints, analyze actions, and take remediation action.
Information and Technological Services/Relations include keepinginformed regarding insurance technical knowledge, market trends, the USI Affinity automation/computing trends, operating platforms, network improvements, company information, and other operating techniques. As wells as overseeing system replacement, automation implementation, enhancements, maintenance as well as training on a departmental level.
New Account Installation including developing and managing short term and long-range projects of new account installations or acquisitions including planning and budgeting based on broad corporate goals and growth objectives. Developing and implementing processes, procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within reporting units; Establishing and implementing operating policies consistent with the organization's broad policies and objectives and ensures compliance. Managing, evaluating and monitoring the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the Chief Executive Officer.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university is required, Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent is preferred.
- Proven related management ability of Life & Health or TPA insurance operations and/or Life & Health underwriting management experience is required.
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in the implementation and design of information technology for insurance operations as well as experience successfully managing budgets/financial acumen.
- Strong strategic focus in a growth oriented environment.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Be data driven utilizing Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and data in decision making process.
- Have strong Project Management skills.
- Be able to develop and maintain strong business relationships as well as the ability to deal effectively with difficult or sensitive situations.
- Have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite of products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Good familiarity with concepts behind relational databases;
- Ability to interpret business needs into development/communication and oversight of business analysis/communication and technical specifications of I.T. related platforms;
- Familiarity with networks, intranets and internet applications and their uses as they relate to operations and underwriting.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595