Corporate Accounting Analyst
General Description: The Corporate Accounting Analyst provides vital support to the Corporate Controller's team and serves as a key member to execute and prepare key finance and accounting deliverables.
Responsibilities (include but not exclusive to the following):
- Provide oversight of the corporate balance sheet accounts and obtain detailed understanding of the corporate transaction booked on a monthly basis.
- Assist Corporate Accounting Manager on preparation or review of account reconciliation and reports to ensure that reconciling items are proper.
- Assist with accounting for self-insured employee benefits plan as well as other benefits on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable Department to process payments of corporate invoices on a timely basis.
- Assist in the review, update and analysis of the Company's deferred compensation plan.
- Understand all company level insurance policies and ensure that accounting is accurate and correct, and policies are in force and properly updated.
- Assist with the monthly accounting for various stock compensation plans including restricted stock grants and options.
- Provide Regional CFO's and analysts with legal expense forecast on a monthly basis.
- Assist with compilation and review of monthly legal expenses and annual legal budget.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly employee benefit and HR analysis provided to Senior Management.
- Review and code legal invoices to ensure proper recording on General Ledger. Monitor legal expenses payment status and reconcile to open invoices.
- Prepare annual tax package and work with the tax department on various transaction details as needed.
- Work closely with the Corporate Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting Manager, and Asst. Controller and regional finance staff to identify and resolve accounting issues and opportunities.
- Participate in the preparation and issuance of the Company's quarterly and annual internal and external financial reports
- Assist with the preparation of information and schedules for external auditors.
- Provide detailed analysis of financial performance including actual vs. prior year to include the income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows.
- Perform special projects and duties as requested, including ad-hoc analysis in support of support of senior members of the Controller's team.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of key processes to facilitate SOX compliance.
- Assist with preparation and review of bank and payroll reconciliations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting is required.
- Minimum of one year working experience in accounting or related field.
- Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint) Skills
- Very energetic, hands-on, detail driven with superior analytic skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in working with people within a department and throughout the Company.
- Self-motivated. Team player. Must be able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Must be a self-starter, and be able to take initiative and deliver on schedule.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595