Account Administrator - Employee Benefits
General Description: The Account Administrator will act as a back -- up for the Account Managers when they are out in the field.
- The Account Administrator will assist Account Managers to develop employee benefit summary drafts for client to communicate the following; annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications.
- Fulfilling request for supplies from clients and for preparation of open enrollment communications.
- Tracking receipt of ID cards, booklets and contracts.
- Initiation of contract changes and/or plan amendments at the direction of the Account Managers.
- Verification of accuracy of client plan documents.
- Assistance preparing the account managers for employee meetings.
- Photocopying and general administrative support for the team.
- Prepare Benefit Plan Manuals at Renewal.
- Develop client/carrier contact sheets.
- Establish effective working relationships with Internal Partners, Clients and Carriers.
- Work with Internal Partners and Carriers to ensure accurate and timely response to all outstanding issues.
- Respond to requests from all partners by stated timeframes.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to meet production demands.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Work with all partners in a manner that fosters mutual respect and teamwork.
- Ensure appearance of work area is neat, organized and professional ("client presentable").
- Ability to meet production deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to self-check work.
- Excellent time management skills, keeps manager informed of problems.
- Task oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work load.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative and innovative.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must currently hold life and disability insurance license (or must obtain it within 4 months following date of employment) and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements.
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows2007, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint. Remains informed regarding industry information and new product information.
- Expected to further industry education through insurance courses with intent to pursue an industry designation.
- Prior customer service experience is preferred.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595