Vendor Payables Staff Accountant
General Description: The Corp AC Staff Accountant -- Vendor Payables processes vendor payables requests for the Corporate Accounting Center.
- Prepares vendor payable checks, wire transfers and ACH payments.
- Processes expense reports.
- Prepared monthly accrual list for financial preparation.
- Corresponds with vendors and answers their inquiries.
- Prepares analysis of accounts as required.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and approvals.
- Sets invoices up for payment.
- Sets up check requests for payment.
- Prepares invoices, return premiums and broker commissions for payment.
- Reviews monthly purchasing card transactions for accuracy.
- Selects, prints checks and updates payables.
- Obtains required signatures on each check.
- Enters voided checks.
- Furnishes transaction history reports for budget preparation, adjustments and control
- Assists department personnel and vendors with questions involving purchase orders and payments.
- Assists vendors with questions and problems involving invoicing and payments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates Degree or 2 years of accounting required; BA/BS a plus
- MS Office and Excel proficiency required
- Knowledge of general accounting
- Strong work ethic with a defined sense of urgency
- Organized self-starter that works well in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and retention of pertinent information
- Accurate and fast data entry
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595