Sales Manager - Life & Disability Insurance
USI Affinity is searching for an Inside Sales Manager to build and maintain an inside sales team focused on selling various association-sponsored and non-sponsored individual benefits such as life and disabilities insurance products to alumni and professional/trade association members including development and implementation of strategic, market driven sales and distribution plans to achieve/exceed target sales/revenue goals.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supervising all activities of the Inside Sales Producers in their daily sales activity including, but not limited to coaching & mentoring sales producers regarding product knowledge; value propositions; closing techniques; sales messaging; overcoming objections; new business prospecting, create effective call outlines and talking points for inbound and outbound calls; and policy delivery;
- Ownership of individual and team attainment of monthly, quarterly and annual production goals (KPIs).
- Conducting Live call monitoring, role play and huddles.
- Developing training programs to continually build upon sales team knowledge of value props, products, competitors, ensure sales staff are kept informed of changes in insurance law affecting the client base and overall industry and market.
- Recruiting staff including: Interviewing, hiring, and training employees;
- Monitoring performance levels of staff including gauging performance and progress, establishing goals, planning, assigning, and directing work; communicating vision; appraising performance; and professional development
- Developing and maintaining department budget to ensure costs are within budget guidelines.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with various carriers to ensure underwriting guidelines are being adhered to;
- Assisting in implementing local marketing and business plans to support sales strategies with local inside sales team.
- Working with marketing team to develop and implement new lead generation strategies.
- Working with Database team to further development our CRM and lead management systems.
- Work with Operations team on process and sales issues.
- The ideal candidate must have at least 2 years of successfully demonstrated sales experience in a fast-paced inside sales call-center environment (inbound/outbound calling) including managing a call-center environment (including call monitoring/KPI measuring). Proven ability to perform in a sales-focused, results-oriented environment working with a strong team is required. Experience selling in or managing a team of inside B2C sales is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Life and Disability insurance products is required.
- L&H license is required or the ability to obtain one within 45 days of employment.
- Four-year College Degree preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual:
Must have or develop strong knowledge of USI Affinity's product line and related insurance concepts.
Must be able to develop and maintain strong business relationships as well as the ability to deal effectively with difficult or sensitive situations.
Must have excellent management, planning, leadership and organizational skills.
Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be proficient in the MS Office suite of products including Word, Excel. Must be able to learn and work with any corporate Proprietary software tools including sales tracking systems.
- Must be willing and able to manage all prospecting activity through company sales tracking system.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595