Claims Specialist - Marine
General Description: Lead claim administration functions for clients of the business.
- Detailed understanding of multiple lines of coverage relative to claims management, strategies, resolution techniques & coverage form (generally WC & Liability & Property) with claim expertise in at least one line.
- Understanding and ability to navigate through claims in these additional lines of coverage: EPL, D&O, E&O.
- Ability to use carrier / TPA claims management systems to generate reports that provide leading edge loss information (analytics) to help develop risk management plans (lag time, medical only to indemnity ratios, frequency and severity trends, location loss experience, root cause of loss, dashboard reports, etc.).
- Skill set to evaluate TPAs and conduct TPA or carrier implementation with Special Account Instructions.
- Understand the financial impact of losses.
- Ability to communicate with internal resources to explain results and help develop improvement for risk management plans.
- Ability to develop high quality output documents for internal resources, clients and carriers
- Understand client business issues.
- Provide the analytics in a clear and concise manner to clients and internal resources with suggestions to improve TCOR.
- Development of written improvement plans with targeted improvement and financial impact.
- Ability to influence clients in the implementation of risk improvement plans.
- Ability to effectively deliver message to C suite level.
- Higher working understanding of Risk Control services and impact.
- Greater understanding of analytics; loss forecasting, experience mods, reserve analysis, collateral, etc and claim impact on the above.
- Responsible to assist members of the USI team with "Close" and "Keep".
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team and work well in a team environment.
- Must have expert analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Superior organizational skills required.
- Expert negotiation skills required.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten to fifteen year of claims administration experience.
- College degree preferred but high school diploma or graduate equivalent degree required.
- Expert in MS Office suite of products, especially MS Excel.
Claim Professional Requirements / Qualifications:
- Minimum 15 Years of direct claims experience
- Essential Lines Of Coverage Expertise = Brown / Blue Water Marine*, Inland Marine, some Energy, Jones Act / USL&H / OCSLA / DOTHSA, General Liability
- *Marine experience to specifically include Hull & Machinery / Protection & Indemnity, Collision / Allision, and Tower's Liability.
- Desired Additional Lines (as they may be available) = Cargo / STP, Commercial PD / BI / EE, Equipment Breakdown, WC / EL / MEL, AL / APD, Bonds
- Develop and submit FNOL to Carriers for all lines of coverage in jurisdiction
- Policy review and analysis
- Carrier ROR / Claim Denial Letter Response
- CAT / Complex Claim Experience
- Interface with Clients / Adjusters / Surveyors / TPA's / Forensic Accountants / Attorneys / Engineers / Carriers to progress and settle claims
- Coordinate, Prepare & Conduct Claim Reviews with Client Representatives and Third Party Providers
- Proven Track Record = Broker / Independent Adjuster / TPA or combination (Prefer no Carrier or Attorney)
- Solid and Supported Industry Reputation
- Strong Communication / Problem Solving / Negotiation Skills
- Ability to work in a Producer / Account Service Team / Collaborative Claims Team Environment
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595